Starting this week, J and I decided to put together a more structured schedule for our Vine posts. Every week from now on you’ll see one Vine plus the recipe for it here. We will also be sticking to themes each month, though this first post is just clearing out the last video we had left before we can get on to July’s theme.
Without further ado, here’s the Vine for our roasted and stuffed butternut squash with pesto quinoa:
And the recipe is as follows…
- One medium butternut squash, cut in half
- 120g quinoa
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 jar pesto (you may not need it all)
- Cook the butternut squash at 180c for around half an hour
- Scoop out the seeds with a spoon
- Drizzle oil over the squash and rub BBQ herbs over the flesh
- Put the squash back in the over for another half an hour (it may take longer if it is bigger)
- Put the quinoa into a pan with boiling water, around a double water to quinoa ratio.
- Add a pinch of salt and cook for 10-15 mins until the water has been absorbed.
- Stir in the two tablespoons of tahini.
- Stir in the pesto as needed - taste to see how much to add, anywhere from half a small jar works.
- When the squash is soft, stuff the hole with the quinoa and pesto mix, and then layer the rest over the top.
- We served it with roasted kale, and mushrooms with cheese.