Is there anything that peanut butter can’t do? I ask that seriously. These energy balls are absolutely amazing, there are only five ingredients in them, and they pack a mighty punch. You will find plenty of nutrients as well as a great little energy boost if you need it, and you don’t even have to do any cooking. Literally, this is probably the simplest piece of food you will ever create.
Take a look at the recipe here if you don’t believe me – it’s so easy it’s ludicrous!
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats, plus extra for rolling
- 1½ tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, plus extra for rolling
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Put the peanut butter into a bowl, along with the oats, honey, choc chips, and sesame seeds. Mix together until well combined.
- Cover bowl and chill for 30 mins in the fridge.
- Roll with your hands into small balls.
- Put spare oats and choc chips onto a plate and roll the balls across them to coat them in extra topping.
- Eat immediately or store in the fridge until ready to eat!
- Don't like sesame seeds? Use any other type of seed you like.
- Not a fan of peanut butter? Almond butter works too.
- Hate honey? Go for syrup.
- Not into chocolate? Try raisins.
- This is a really flexible recipe so go nuts!