This one was a lot of fun to make – I love a festive carrot dish, and it was the first thing that we thought of after picking up this cranberry sauce at the Foodies Festival. As you know by now, I’m a soup lover – and in fact Black Friday brought us a new individual blender which we will be showing off next time we get the chance to make smoothies.
There’s really nothing sophisticated at all to this recipe, and you can chop and change it as much as you like. Here’s the bare bones for you to work with:
- Take as many carrots as you like, peel and cut them up, and pour over MightyFineThings cranberry, sweet chilli, and honey sauce
- Mix them with a chopped yellow pepper, a couple of garlic cloves, and some fresh rosemary
- Put into a 180C fan oven for 30-40 minutes
- Place into the blender
- Meanwhile, cook a tin of cannellini beans in a frying pan until just browning
- Blend it all together!
- Add a drop or two of maple syrup
- Blend to mix, then heat up again in the pan
- Serve with delicious crusty, cheesy bread
We had a lot of fun with this one! The texture comes out quite grainy because of the carrots. If you want your soup to be smoother, then just cook the carrots for longer until they are totally soft. Careful – don’t let them burn!
Here’s the Vine so you can see how we did it: