We have a lot of fun creating our recipe videos, but this pulled pork burger bake has to be the funnest yet. It’s so good we’ve had it three times already since first trying the recipe. In fact, it’s going to be a staple of our weekly meal plans. It’s SO GOOD, you just have to try it for yourself.
The idea is to create not just a simple burger in a bun, but a bit more of an experience. You can get as messy as you like. Use your favourite cheese and your favourite burger sauces. Choose different types of burger, different cheeses, and different flavours for your glaze. But if you want to try a combo that works wonders, then follow our recipe fully – we can attest that it’s one of the best you will come across.
We tend to vary this one slightly depending on what kind of day it is. If it’s a day for going all out, we have the delicious pulled pork burgers as here. If it’s a day for watching the calorie intake, we go for the newer Quorn sausage burgers, which are very slim and thus contain hardly any calories at all.
However you do it, the best result is a sticky, melty mess of burgers with cheese oozing out and connecting them all together. Lift them out one by one and watch the cheese stretching!
Here’s the video – and don’t forget to scroll down for the recipe!
- 6 Linda McCartney Pulled pork burgers - or other burgers of choice
- 6 seeded burger buns
- Burger sauce (we use Sainsbury's own brand)
- 6 Emmental cheese slices
- Sauce for glaze (we use MightyFineThings sweet chilli with honey and cranberry)
- Cook the burgers as per the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, open up the burger buns and line the bottom of a baking dish with the 6 bottoms.
- Place 3 slices of cheese across the buns - they should cover 2 each
- When the burgers are ready, place them onto each of the buns
- Top with 3 more slices of cheese
- Cover liberally with burger sauce
- Put the tops of the buns in place
- Use a brush to cover the buns in sauce - make sure that the whole top surface is coated
- Cover the whole dish with foil
- Place into a fan oven at 180C for 15 minutes
- Remove and serve immediately!
- You can change whatever you like about this - we've also tried having "pepperoni" inside the burgers, and you can add "bacon" for an extra layer too. Any type of burger, bun, cheese, or sauce is okay!